Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I heart vintage finds

Hope everyone is having a great day! I've been busy crafting for an upcoming baby shower this weekend and it's been so fun! I finally went to Hobby Lobby this morning for the first time since the storm last April and it was just as fabulous as I remember! :) I fell in love with this fabric that I will probably have to use in the nursery if we have a little girl (it would make amazing curtains). If it's a boy, I might just have to find another room to use these in:)

 
I love the texture of this fabric; it's like a heavy linen, very natural fabric and up close the print looks like it uses the ikat dye technique. It really has a great texture and wonderful colors to create a fun, playful nursery. :) Not to mention the grey in this print would look fabulous with this doily rug I have picked out from Anthropologie:


It would be our one splurge item, but so worth it I think! So that's my random thought for the day... now, back to vintage finds! A few weeks ago my mom & I went to a great antique shop in Vernon called Falkner Antique Mall. The building has over 14,000 square feet and 70 dealers inside. I was really hoping to find an antique printer tray but it's really hard to find what you're looking for when you're shopping second-hand. My mom and I enjoyed an afternoon browsing away though and I didn't come home empty handed.

I came home with a few things including this awesome vintage wooden whiskey crate, which the Mr. loved. 


 

I also started my collection of vintage, mismatched china...



The crate was $45 but when I got to the register to pay I was told it was on sale for $31.50. Score! The two dinner plates we $8 each and the bread/butter plates were $3. I really loved how the plates resemble the Willow pattern but I don't think I'm going to limit myself to just blue/white. I'm really excited about building a vintage china collection! :) 

That brings my grand total to just under $58.


Last weekend on another antique outing, this time in Tuscaloosa, I went to a local shop called Jarman Interiors & Antiques. Here's their facebook page if you want to check them out: Jarman Interiors & Antiques This might be my favorite shop in town now. I would've loved to bring home several things but in the end I only bit the bullet on one item. I finally found an antique printer tray! I had been on the lookout for one of these for several months so I was super excited when they had 2 for me to choose from! :) Please excuse my junk on the table... I was just too excited to clean it off!


This may find it's home in the nursery or the dining room, which I recently painted. Or anywhere else for that matter. Who knows where I'll hang it?!

I love to add pieces to our home that could tell a story. It's much more fun to me than buying everything brand new. Not that there's anything wrong with buying all new, I just like to have a mixture. Has anyone else found any vintage treasures lately? Where is your favorite place to shop for antiques?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that place in Vernon... I find amazing deals every time I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first time to go and I will definitely be going back!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!