Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Curb Appeal - Take 2

This fabulous weather we've been having recently has motivated me to do some work outside and finally update our curb appeal. I updated some last year that I mentioned here, but it was time to freshen things up again. The first item on the list to upgrade was our mailbox. I don't have a picture of the previous one (I was so ready to get it out of the ground that I forgot to snap a pic) but trust me, we desperately needed a new one. The old one was tiny, thin black metal (post and box) and the door on the box would never stay closed. It would drive me crazy when I saw it hanging open.

So needless to say, I dragged Matthew to Lowe's one Saturday morning to pick out a new one. Sidenote: this is his least favorite place to go with me, especially on the weekend (probably because he knows it means he'll end up doing some of the work). Anywho, we purchased a new post, a large metal box, and of course some pretty flowers to plant around it. After 30 minutes or so, the hubby had it installed and ready for me to plant the flowers. It looks so much better!



While I was on this "curb appeal" kick, I also decided to repaint the front stoop. I painted it last year (you can see that here) but it had kinda lost it's luster and it was chipping in a few places. This time, I used the same porch and floor paint by Behr, but I mixed in a weather protector/ glossy sealant. I can already tell it's going to hold up better and it's much more shiny. :) I also picked up a new welcome mat, 2 planters and some red daisies. I chose daisies because they only need part sun and our porch only receives afternoon sun. They're doing great so far!




We've also had someone at the house this week painting all of our white trim (which is a lot!) and it's already looking so much better! It's desperately needed this for a while and I'm glad we finally got around to it.

That's all for now! Hope everyone has a Happy Thursday! Just remember, the weekend is almost here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!