Friday, May 25, 2012

Nursery Update #2: Paint!

Well, the hubby and I finally decided on a paint color for unnamed Baby Elliott's nursery! We wanted something light, airy, and neutral and I think we hit a home run. It took a while, and many paint samples, to finally decide on a color though.





This was my first time to use Sherwin Williams paint, which is amazing. We used their Zero- VOC paint so it wouldn't hurt the bambino, but we still used fans and opened windows, just to be safe. We decided on Roycroft Mist Gray (the top sample in each picture) and the coverage was top-notch. Most Zero-VOC paints don't cover quite as well, as least the Olympic brand doesn't, so we were both really surprised to see this much coverage with just one coat plus touch-ups. Of course, this made the hubby very happy since he would rather have the flu than paint. ;)

To get the room ready we just pushed the large furniture, i.e. the daybed and dresser to the center of the room and covered them with old sheets. Other items like the rocking chairs were moved to the guest room. Also, before Matthew got home, I had taken everything off the walls and spackled the holes so we'd be ready to get started. We used our routine of him rolling and me cutting in and we're very please with how it turned out!

Before:
After:

That big space is waiting on her Jenny Lind crib, which is sadly on backorder until June 11.


I can't wait to figure out what we're going to hang above the daybed!
We definitely want to hang some bamboo shades on both doors and possibly the windows.
I'm thinking floor-to-ceiling curtain panels on each closet. Possibly a linen fabric??

And now, of course I have to show you these cute little shoes we got her to wear next summer! :)



And her first pair of Toms.



Finally, here is the story on the rocking chair. Several weeks ago, we drove through our neighborhood and saw this chair at a yard sale. It looked pretty dingy, dirty, and gross but I loved the legs and the backing on it. Here it is when we first got it home:




 


So, first on the agenda was to throw away that nasty piece of foam and clean this like a mad woman! After I had used what seemed like an entire container of Clorox wipes, I sanded it a little and sprayed on one coat of primer and 2 coats of Valspar glossy white.







And here is how it's looking today:



Still on the to-do list for this chair is to cut a new piece of wood for the seat, buy a new foam cushion, and pick out some fabric that will coordinate with the rest of the room.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I ordered that bedding! I was very nervous about ordering it because it could not be returned but I absolutely love it! It is simply amazing. :)

I'm in love with this reversible quilt!

 So now, we're just waiting on the crib to be shipped and we'll be off to a pretty good start on baby girl's nursery! :)

Happy Friday! Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend! I'm ready to spend it in Brilliant, full of high school graduation, Coal Fest, and time with the family! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it all times a million - and I'm gonna need you to head to my house and make me tackle all the projects I need to sea with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I'm in such a re-decorating mood right now, I want to completely redo the guest room! Matthew is not on board. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!