Monday, April 18, 2011

A true southern city

A week ago, I returned from an amazing trip to Savannah, GA. I just love that city and am so glad my mom, sister, and aunt were able to experience it's beauty as well. Most of the trip revolved around which meal we were going to eat next and which restaurant we would eat it at. Good thing it's a walking city because I definitely needed to walk after all of that eating! While we weren't eating and walking, the next best thing to do was, of course, shopping! We shopped antique stores, vintage stores, and boutiques. I found a good selection of items, both old and new, for both myself and our house.

Something old, something new
 In the above picture, from left to right, is a foot rest I picked up at an antique store for $25. The current fabric is not what drew me to this piece, haha, but it's got clean lines, it's very sturdy, etc... I definitely want to freshen/ lighten it up a bit and change out the fabric (I've actually already done this but I'm behind on posting). I also picked up a vintage map of Africa and I'll give more details on it when I decide what I'm going to do with it:) The long brown wicker basket was a find at a second-hand store for 75 cents! I'm collecting brown wicker baskets for an upcoming project so this was the perfect, cheap addition! I also got some bath stuff at nour-ish, which sells natural bath products. 

 

Above are some super cute shoes I picked up at a vintage shop, along with a tree of life necklace in a matte gold finish.


This is the natural bath soap I picked up from nour-ish. If you like natural, eco-friendly skin care products, you should definitely check out their website here. I got an eco soap bag with a bar of "kiwi sunsweet" soap- it was hard to pick just one as they all smelled (in my best Outkast voice) so fresh and so clean, clean! I also picked up some loofah seeds- I'm gonna try my hand at growing some loofah sponge. I'll let you know how that turns out, haha:)

 
 This is the short, vintage black dress I got with the multi-colored sandals. It's hard to tell anything about this but, trust me, it's adorable. :)

That's all for now but stay tuned for my foot stool transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!