Monday, April 11, 2011

Who doesn't love a $20 find??

First off, Happy Monday everyone! Hope you were able to enjoy the beautiful weekend! :) I spent it in Savannah, GA with my mom, sister, and aunt- early birthday present for mom! Savannah is very special to me because that's where my husband, Matthew, popped the question 4 years ago:)

So a few weeks ago, I went to an antique/ thrift store in town. (The same one I found my Pepsi bin that's in my kitchen). Sitting outside were 4 small folding chairs that needed some serious TLC. They were bright yellow and had peeling contact paper on the seats in a super 70s flower print of yellow, orange, and green. We had recently had people over to our house and needed a few extra chairs so I thought these would be perfect. Inexpensive? check. Multiple uses? check. Good bones? check. So I went home with these not-so-lovely-at-the-time chairs:
The chairs after I began peeling off the contact paper

Again, and a little rusty in places


So after a lot of elbow grease, I was able to get the paper off. Next, I sprayed on a coat of primer and then 3 light coats of spray paint in a very soothing celadon color. They are currently spaced out throughout the house, but when we have guests over again, they can definitely be used for additional seating. There are still some imperfections so I eventually want to make some small cushions for these, but they work for now. Best part is, if we're not using them, they fold up very nicely for storage!

These 2 made their home on our screened-in porch

This one lives in the guest room as a plant stand

This one houses our coffee pot, for now...
That's all for now! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Excellent find. Well done. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment! It means a lot. I'm still a blog newbie. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!