Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gallery Wall Update

First of all, as you can probably see, I've been trying out new backgrounds:) I told you, I'm constantly changing my mind! But maybe I'll use this for a while- I'm really in to the chevron look right now!

I'm sure you remember the inspiration for my new gallery wall that I mentioned here. Well it's still a work-in-progress. I still have to paint all of my current black frames white and rearrange them all. Here is how the gallery wall looks now:


I also bought some new frames from the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. I decided to thrift some because new frames can really add up when you're buying them new! As you can see, they vary in size and color, but that's nothing that a little white spray paint can't change;) I got all of these for less than $4!


 Here they are after a fresh coat several fresh coats of white paint.


 I also scored these white mats from the Dollar Tree to use:


So here are my new frames to add to my growing collection. I still have a few more to buy, then the fun part will begin- measure, nail, measure, nail, etc...


8x10 frame with the dollar tree 5x7 mat
I was in Michael's one day and found this shadow box on sale for $5 so I thought it would be the perfect addition. And, I've been looking for a starfish for a while and it just so happens that it fits perfectly inside here! Unless I find somewhere else to put it!:)


 Last week I stopped by an antique store in town and found these vintage cameras. I love vintage cameras! For now they're just in the dining room, but I'm thinking I might try adding them to the gallery wall (maybe inside a frame) for a little 3D effect?? Hmm... decisions, decisions.




 I'll keep you updated on the wall! What do you think about the cameras?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!