Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Mantle!

So I mentioned in yesterday's post that this $10 purchase was the inspiration for my new fall mantle.

 

I knew I wanted something light and airy but very fall-ish and cozy too. Here are some ideas that I pinned:

                                               

                                     

                                    

Well the Mr. earned lots of points by taking me to Michael's Saturday morning (this is probably his LEAST favorite store ever, haha). I got some faux wheat, a cream pumpkin, wreath and harvest-colored ribbon, all for less than $20 since I used my 40% off coupon!


We were showing our house to a potential buyer and I decided that I wanted to have the new fall mantle in place for that, so in less than 20 minutes the mantle went from this:



 

To this:






I still want to add some color and probably move things around but I'm happy with it for now! I'm thinking about making a bunting similar to these:

                                        
 
                                          

                                        

And isn't this fall foliage awesome??

                                        


Well that's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!