Monday, October 3, 2011

What $25 can get you at TJ Maxx...

I went to TJ Maxx one day last week on my lunch break not intending to buy anything. I just like to stop by discount stores to see what they have and they must have just gotten a large shipment in because I saw lots of cute things! Well $25 later, I left with this:

 

Yes, that's a white porcelain acorn, which is the inspiration for my fall mantle. Also a set of 5 skeleton keys and 2 mesh wire basket/buckets.

These nested baskets were only $9.99 for both!
Not sure what I'll use them for yet, but they are a great size!
White porcelain acorn was $9.99
Skeleton keys were $4.99
Not too shabby, huh? I think I'm going to take the keys off the ring but the ring is metal so I'll have to get out some tools. When I saw the white acorn I knew it would be the perfect starting point for my fall mantle. And as for the baskets, they will find a home very soon! :)

Oh, I almost forgot. Here is the basket I got last week at Mule Day made from recycled newspapers. It was marked down from $39 to $11 and it's perfect to hold our coasters and remote controls on the coffee table. Who doesn't love Eco-friendly storage solutions?!

 '


Has anyone else found any good deals lately at discount stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment or become a follower of my blog! Thanks so much!